Thursday, February 28, 2013

3 Spring/Summer Trends and Makeover!

I am so excited to do this post! 
A special thanks to Candace May Photography for taking the pictures!

I had an awesome time doing the makeup on my cousin Kate.  She is such a fun person and photographs so well!   I am sure I will be using her for a model again soon.  Thanks for your talent Kate!

I took inspiration from magazines and came up with 3 looks that are going to be trendy this Spring/Summer:

1) "Natural" No Makeup, Makeup look with subtle highlighting.
2) Bright Pink Lip
3) Coloured Eyeliner

So let's get to it!

Kate doesn't usually wear makeup, only for special occasions and even then it's just the basics.


Here is Kate before our makeover...

The first look is the "Natural" (no makeup, makeup look) with a bit of highlighting.
Skin seems to be in this season.  Clean, natural and always highlighted.
This is what I came up with...
 I used a L'oreal True Match Foundation (W2), MAC neutral brown shadows, cream base in Pearl (MAC), contoured the cheeks with Taupe blush, a little peachy blush, a neutral pink lipstick, and mascara.
work it girl!!



The second look is Bright Pink Lips!!  I love this look and I hope this trend sticks around for a long time!
It just brightens up the face and I love that you can do a simple cat eye with it!
 I kept the makeup the same and just added MAC Black Trax liner, bright pink lipstick and some pink blush
touch ups!


For the third look I went to Coloured Eyeliner!!  I love coloured eyeliner!!  I have been wearing it for years...but it just seems to be getting more trendy lately.  You can check out my previous blog post on coloured eyeliner.
For this look I just added the MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Designer Purple,
 added a bit of bronzer, and neutral lipgloss.
That's all you need for coloured eyeliner, you want the emphasis on the liner.
I think the purple really brings out Kate's green eyes!
gorgeous!


2 comments:

  1. nice job on the skin! very fresh and subtle contours...TAUPE is awesome eh? ;) what lip colour did you use for look #1?

    ReplyDelete